Joint Replacement Program
Sphinx Home Health Care’s orthopedic joint program is a home care service specializing in the therapeutic management of post-surgical joint replacements. This program provides comprehensive physical therapy, occupational therapy, and nursing according to the physician’s orders.
The program includes PRE and POST-operative education, in-home exercises, ambulation training, and a home environment safety assessment. After being discharged from the hospital operating room, the rehab and treatment program will involve one-on-one therapy in the patient’s home to regain range of motion. This at-home care also aids in muscle strengthening, improving mobility, caring for wounds, monitoring any blood coagulation therapies, and continuous patient and family education.
Sphinx Home Health Care therapists place emphasis on:
- Improving the functional mobility
- Increasing the flexibility and strength of the affected joint
- Improving static and dynamic balance
- Increase endurance levels so patient can manage activities of daily life without getting tired
- Implementation of cardiovascular exercises and stretching
- Development of an individualized home exercise program
- Gait training with an appropriate assistive device
- House assessment and modification
An in-home nursing assessment and evaluation includes:
- Proper care of the incision site
- Medication management
- Safety assessment and education
- Completing necessary lab work
- Removing surgical staples
- Close communication with physicians
- Assessing pain level and pain management
If you are going to have joint replacement, ask your physician if at-home nursing care may be the best option for you, and request that they contact Sphinx Home Health Care today.
If you have any questions, call 1-877-774-4694 or email email@example.com.