Director of Clinical Services
The Director of Clinical Services is a Registered Nurse (RN) who has graduated from an accredited school of nursing and is currently licensed to practice in the state of Michigan. She/he supervises home health services to homebound patients in their place of residence in accordance with attending physician orders and plans of care and strives to provide the highest quality of care. If a RN, skilled nursing and other therapeutic services are under the supervision and direction of the Director of Clinical Services. If a RN, the Director of Clinical Services is available at all times during operating hours (or appoints a similarly qualified alternate) and participates in all activities relevant to professional services furnished, including the development of qualifications and assignment of personnel.
- Registered by the state of Michigan as a Registered Nurse.
- Five years of experience in health care/home care, preferred.
- Three years experience in a supervisory position, preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to apply community health principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Agency policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Joint Commission standards and goals.
- Ability to supervise, guide and develop skills and performance of service personnel.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to work with individuals.
- Ability to enlist cooperation of many people in furthering a program.
- Ability to assist in evaluating personnel a minimum of one time per year.
- Monitors probationary period for new employees.
- Ability to deal effectively with high levels of stress.