CALL US: 1-833-387-6134
THE CARE YOU DESERVE©
Quality Assurance Coordinator
The Quality Assurance Coordinator is a qualified person appointed by the Agency’s Director of Clinical Services and the Quality Assurance Director who is responsible for reviewing patient’s medical records. This review includes: Verification of appropriate documentation, visit utilization, appropriate contacts with physicians and evidence of communication between disciplines. Audit charts to ensure completeness as per Medicare and The Joint Commission guidelines
- Two (2) years experience in Home Health Care Quality Assurance,
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Quality Control measures.
- Must be able to complete multi-tasks and meet multi-deadlines.
- Has effective time management and organizational skills, and works independently.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and maintain composure when working under pressure.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships along with a strong sense of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and assume responsibility.
- Demonstrated skills in Oasis documentation.
- Working knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation
- Working knowledge of State and Federal regulations regarding Home Health Care
- Solid decision making skills.
- Monitors patient clinical records concurrently and retrospectively, utilizing agency thresholds and indicators.
- Reviews clinical records for completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of answers to OASIS questions as related to other information found in the clinical record.
- Audits clinical records for completeness on an on-going basis.
- Ensures proper coding of OASIS and documentation for proper payment.
- Assists Agency personnel in care coordination of patient/client services. Serves as a liaison between the Organization, referral sources, patients/clients and Agency personnel.
- Assists and/or coordinates development of performance improvement studies as requested by the Director of Quality Assurance.
- Stays up-dated with changes in OASIS and Home Health PPS requirements, reports such changes to Agency Administrator, Supervising Nurse and field clinicians.
- Represents the agency at all times in a professional, ethical and loyal manner.
- Complies with agency policies and procedures.
- Communicate with the Quality Assurance Director of any notable situations requiring more extensive training or action.
- Other duties as requested by the Administrator / Clinical Director and the Director of Quality Assurance.
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.
- Supervised by: Director of Quality Assurance
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Moderate lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.