CALL US: 1-833-387-6134
THE CARE YOU DESERVE©
Diabetes is is a chronic and incurable condition in which your body has trouble using glucose, a simple form of sugar, for energy. As a result, the sugar level in your blood becomes too high. Left untreated, it can result in major health complications. The exact cause of diabetes is unknown, although both genetic factors and environmental factors like obesity and lack of exercise are believed to play roles.
Home Care Medical Treatment
When you have diabetes, your body needs special care in order to prevent complications and stay healthy. Under the care of Sphinx Home Health Care, dedicated nurses, therapists, and dieticians can provide you with a diabetes nursing care plan in the comfort of your home that includes:
- Reviewing and discussing medications
- Helping to monitor blood glucose levels
- Explaining the signs, symptoms, and management of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia
- Teaching foot and skin care regimens
- Educating patients and caregivers about diabetes, including when to call a doctor or emergency services
- Helping patients develop exercise routines
- Administering Anodyne Therapy to eligible patients to decrease symptoms of peripheral neuropathy
- Providing an appropriate, healthy diet plan for each patient
- Assisting patients with obtaining any necessary diabetic supplies
If you or a loved one has diabetes, ask your physician if in-home diabetic care services may be beneficial to you, and request that your physician contact Sphinx Home Health Care today.