CALL US: 1-586-264-2400
THE CARE YOU DESERVE©
Infusion therapy involves the administration of medication through a needle or catheter, typically when patients are not able to take medications orally. This program will enable the patient to be discharged from the hospital, receive IV antibiotic therapy at home, and prevent unnecessary admissions to skilled nursing facilities.
Home IV Antibiotics & Hydration Therapy
Sphinx Home Health Care is able to accept Medicare patients to administer IV therapy in the home setting following Medicare guidelines:
- The patient will be managed by our Hi-Tech nursing team
- Sphinx Home Health Care will work with the infusion therapy company in the coordination of services to ensure proper, scheduled delivery of the IV medication(s) and supplies.
- Sphinx Home Health Care will follow scheduled IV medication administration as ordered by MD.
- Provide IV site care through IV Therapy program implementation
- Assess needles, supplies, site for contamination
- Teach patient/caregiver proper universal precautions and handwashing procedures, S/S of infiltration, flushes of heparin and normal saline, site care/dressing changes, proper IV treatment administration; and who to call for question/concerns
- Obtain blood for specific lab tests as ordered by MD
- Multiple medication teaching, including route, schedule, functions, and possible side effects
- Assess the patient’s response to treatment and/or intervention
List of Common IV Treatments
- Hydration Therapy
Contact us today to schedule your consultation.