CALL US: 1-833-387-6134
THE CARE YOU DESERVE©
When you suffer a serious illness or injury you may be so overwhelmed with managing the physical side of your condition that you ignore the social and psychological aspects of your health. A biopsychosocial assessment can help identify strengths and weaknesses that may affect your treatment and recovery.
Performed by a medical social worker, this comprehensive assessment evaluates your abilities to function and cope with your medical condition on three levels:
- Biological (the physical side)
- Psychological (the mental side)
- Social (your relationships)
After the assessment a Sphinx Home Health Care social worker will help you identify the services that meet your individual needs. Some of these include:
- Community services and resources: These may include adult day care or senior centers, as well as programs for rent exemption or reduced utility costs
- Entitlement programs such as Lifeline, Access-a-Ride, and Meals-on-Wheels
- Services provided by agencies affiliated with specific illnesses, such as the American Cancer Society or the Alzheimer’s Foundation
- Public benefit programs including Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, food stamps, and housing
- Identifying the symptoms of depression and anxiety and coordinating treatment with physicians
- Talking to a trained and professional healthcare worker who can give sound advice during one of life’s most difficult times.
Please contact Sphinx Home Health Care to schedule an appointment with a medical social worker.