In-Home Medication Management
According to the Archives of Internal Medicine, roughly 28% of all hospital admissions for patients over the age of 65 are caused by medication non-compliance.
Nearly one-half of the 2 billion prescriptions dispensed each year are taken incorrectly.
Misuse of medication is a real problem in America that affects many age groups. Prescription misuse is now a leading cause of accidental death for seniors — approximately 23,000 seniors died from a prescription overdose in America in 2013.
Properly Manage Medications
Sphinx Home Health Care is available to help properly manage medications so you or your loved one doesn’t have to worry about overdosing.
Some of the benefits of our medication management program:
- Reduce medication-related morbidity and mortality
- Reduce medication errors
- Teach patients proper medication use and self-management
- Enhance patient understanding of risks related to unsafe drug use
- Increase medication adherence
- Improve adverse drug event detection
Home Nursing Care Interventions:
- Medication Reconciliation (including all prescribed and over-the-counter medications)
- Instruction on dosages, schedules, effects, and potential side effects
- Instruction on proper steps to take if a dose is missed
- Counting pills to ensure that dosages aren’t being missed or abused
- Fill medication boxes and make a medication board when necessary
- Develop and update checklist of medications, including dosage times, amounts, and substances to avoid
- Coordinate home delivery of medication, if needed
- Communicate with physician about any concerns, feedback, and side effects
Contact Sphinx Home Health Care today to schedule your initial consultation.